Sunday, April 17, 2005

Gingersnaps

So, I'm not one to watch horror movies because I have problem with terrifying mental images returning to flash in my mind late at night, but my girlfriend is writing a paper on a trilogy of Canadian horror films (about sisters who turn into werewolves) and I agreed to watch them with her. I haven't seen the third one yet, but the first two--Gingersnaps and Gingersnaps II: Unleashed--are incredible. They're creative (rare for horror films, I think), excellently scripted, with amazing camerawork and the acting is really inspired. I liked the second one even better than the first because the characterizations are so intricate. They're both just really clever.I would recommend these films to anyone who likes horror films (or doesn't, but isn't too squeamish about blood).

No comments: