Tuesday, April 05, 2005

frenetic, but happy

If the conference doesn't kill me, the presentations and papers I have to write afterwards for my classes will. And why, oh why, do people keep stealing the conference posters? I know they're gorgeous (and have an image of Madonna and Britney kissing silhouetted on them!) and I should be flattered that people like them so much (even though I didn't design them), but it's difficult to advertise something if the posters keep going missing... ::Sigh::

On a more upbeat note, I just found out from my department chair that the graduate faculty chose me as this year’s recipient of an award that’s given out annually to a student in our department for “all-around excellence in graduate studies.” It came as a total shock; I barely even knew this award existed. So, I’m very excited and honored, and it helps mitigate my stress level somewhat, or at least make the stress more bearable.

No comments: