Monday, September 10, 2007

PoP goes my heart!

I watched Music and Lyrics last night, the Drew Barrymore/Hugh Grant vehicle in which he plays an aging pop star and she plays the aspiring writer who happens to have a knack for lyrics and helps him write a new comeback song. Typical romantic comedy fodder: boy meets girl, boy needs girls help, boy and girl fall and love, boy does something stupid, girl is sad, boy repents and makes it up to her...happily ever after. Needless to say--because I love Barrymore and Grant--it was an adorable movie and totally made my night. It's not the most brilliant rom-com in the world (it's not on its way to becoming a classic like When Harry Met Sally or anything), but was still very well-done and clever. I especially enjoyed getting to sing along to the incredibly cheesy-oh-so-wonderful pop songs that peppered this film.

No comments: