Friday, September 14, 2007

ocd mtwtfss

While I was in Germany in May, I brought a set of days-of-the-week socks. Only I didn't realize at the time that they were days-of-the-week socks; I just thought, "Oh! Look at the pretty multicolored seven-pack of ankle socks. How exciting!" Now, as much as I love my pretty multicolored days-of-the-week socks, they are causing a bit of a problem for me because every time I go to get a pair of socks from that particular batch (I do have other, non-labeled, socks as well) I feel obnoxiously compelled to find the proper day. It doesn't matter if I'm wearing green and the correct day's socks are purple. And no matter how I try to overcome this compulsion, I can't. The idea of wearing the wrong day's socks drives me crazy. And the search for the correct pair of socks drives me crazy. It's almost enough to make me want to not ever wear any of the days-of-the-weeks socks ever again. And that's just so sad. Sad, as in pathetic. And a little bit sad-sad, too.

No comments: