Saturday, March 18, 2006

overcoming inertia through the magic of chemistry

I was feeling overwhelmingly sluggish today (I would even describe myself as "sloth-like," doing everything at 10-20%) and so I decided to buy Coke's new soft drink/energy soda, Vault at the grocery store this afternoon. And, um, wow. I had three-quarters of the bottle (a normal 20 oz. bottle, not a liter or anything!) about three hours ago and the last few swallows about 20 minutes ago, and I'm completely wired. Earlier, I was talking non-stop. Now, I can't seem to stop blinking.

I am both fascinated and disturbed. I certainly don't feel sloth-like anymore, but I'm not sure I have the willpower to channel all this excess energy into something productive. I also can't be completely confident that everything I'm writing right now won't read like complete jibberish in the morning, since my brain is working too fast for me to concentrate on one word at a time in an ordered sequence--you know, what we usually call reading.

No comments: