Thursday, February 16, 2006

a tedious to do

To-do lists are curious and specious creatures. Everytime I strike something off, I believe for one, blissful second that I can rejoice in my achievment, and then at least five other pressing tasks seem to take its place, swirling up out of nowhere with malevolent determination. I find this frustrating. So very, very frustrating.

My to-do list as of yesterday morning:
1. Finish L-Word Paper

My to-do list now:
1. Finish L-Word Paper
2. Prepare for Class (by 12:30)
3. Call Vet/Pick up Cat
4. Clean house (in time for April's dissertation group tonight)
5. Grade Papers (over weekend)
6. Re-read and newly read some articles/books for my dissertation prospectus (begin over weekend)
7. Rewrite my dissertation prospectus (by February 27)

I mean really. How does it do that?

No comments: