Thursday, March 17, 2005

reluctantly back

So I was recently in San Francisco and it's depressing as hell to return from 75 degree sunny weather to cold, grey skies and dirty snow. I'm ready to drop out of school and move to California and sit on the beach all day and live off of seaweed and mussels...okay, so not really but close.

As a welcome-home present, I drove through a pothole last night that was so deep that I bent the rim of my tire! Luckily, I remembered my dad's lessons on changing tires (and received some unsolicited, but friendly, help from my neighbor's handyman) and now my car seems to be okay again. Not to be only complaining: after a week alone together, my cats seem to be finally somewhat getting along (rather than the smaller one with claws beating up the sweet, fat one without claws whenever he even looks at her wrong) and Olive (the new addition, the clawed one) actually came into the living room and sat in a chair next to the couch while the dog was sitting on the couch with me. Very impressive since she usually spends all her time huddled on the kitchen counter when the dog's in the house.

By the way, have I mentioned that I'm loving Law and Order: Trail by Jury? It may just be that I've always liked Bebe Neuwirth and Amy Carlson is cute, but that's enough for me. :)

No comments: