Thursday, June 28, 2007

nikki and nora

Through my vast and nefarious internet connections, I just discovered that in 2004 UPN optioned a drama pilot about, of all things, two lesbian detectives (partners in both senses of the word) in New Orleans. It was called Nikki and Nora and was supposed to be a CSI/Law and Order sort of show. Obviously, the show didn't make it off the ground and the pilot is all that was ever filmed, but I'm amazed and impressed that UPN even optioned it in the first place. In any case, maybe I'm the last to know, but I've heard nary a peep about this until recently so I doubt it. There was brief article about the show on AfterEllen.com, but besides that there's not much out there. However, a few weeks ago someone I sort of know (in that aforementioned nefarious internet sort of way) posted the entire pilot on YouTube in pretty decent quality so I thought I should share.

The pilot's really not bad--such a crying shame it never aired.

1 comment:

Jadey said...

hey, um i agree, nikki and nora was such an amazing idea, i REALLY wish it had been picked up. the pilot was amazing, thank you so so much for posting.
Such a shame that they turned down such an amazing show, i wish it would be re-considered...

SAVE N&N campaign :)