Tuesday, May 22, 2007

row, row, row your boat

I'm sitting in a ferry backing out of a French port on our way across the Channel to Dover and have a fairly strong wireless connection. That alone seemed to be reason enough to post.

The trip has been great so far; my Oma's (grandma's) 80th birthday went well (even though a server at the restaurant where the party was being held dropped one of the five home-baked cakes on the asphalt while transporting it from car to kitchen). Otherwise, it's been relaxing, and I've accomplished nothing besides vast amounts of shopping--typical--and a trip via the pleasingly-punctual regional train to Cologne to visit my good friend N. and her boyfriend, both of whom I got to know at UR my first year in VCS (she came as part of the German exchange program, to get an MA in Comp. Lit.).

More later when we reach London. I'm going to let April check her email, too, as long as this connection holds out!

No comments: