Saturday, March 31, 2007

dance dance revolution

This video is of myself and my dance instructor (at the time), Edwin Roa, performing an Argentine Tango/Paso Doble routine at a Spring 2000 dance showcase. Wow, that was a long time ago. This was when I was still heavily involved in ballroom dancing and had fantasies of one day competing professionally (now quite doubtful). Of the many dances I performed, I still feel best about this one (except that little bobble at the end with drives me crazy to this day). (Paso Doble, for those who are curious, is a form of ballroom dance that mimics bull fighting; the man/leader is the matador and the woman/follower represents the flag. How boring. It's always bothered me that the woman isn't the bull. Or maybe that should be the guy. I don't know.)

I am certainly risking (assuring?) embarrasment by posting this, but since my father has already elected to upload various recitals, readings and showcases (mostly my mother's) all over YouTube, it seems like the damage might already be done!

No comments: